Are you actively marketing your small business on Twitter?
If you do not have a presence or are currently marketing there, you might reconsider once you review the stats below.
It’s true that you shouldn’t jump on every social media platform available – just because it’s there. If you are serious about marketing your business online to build brand awareness, get engagement and to make sales, you should rely on data that shows where your audience is.
Have you reviewed data about to learn where your target audience hangs out? If you’ve determined your audience IS on Twitter, then you should also build a presence there. If you are questioning why, take a look at the stats I’m sharing below:
According to data compiled by Sprout Social, these Twitter stats below may give you a clearer picture of why marketers are on this platform.
- Estimated a total of 330 million active users monthly as of Q4, 2017.
- 81% of millennials view their Twitter account daily.
- 15% of users access Twitter more than 10 times per day.
- 82% of active users access Twitter via mobile devices.
Although the data above doesn’t speak directly to sales, Hootsuite reports:
- 30% of Americans using Twitter have an income of $75,000 and higher.
- 93% of people who follow small to medium sized businesses (SMB’s) on Twitter plan to make purchases from those SMB’s they follow.
It is reported that 69% have made purchases from SMB’s on Twitter according to a Twitter & Research NOW report. So based on these stats, Twitter CAN influence buyer decisions.
If you are someone who didn’t embrace using this platform initially because you didn’t know how to communicate with a 140-character limit for a Tweet, you might be happy to learn that count has doubled to 280 characters in 2017. Creating a complete but consise message is much easier now.
You can use Twitter for several different reasons such as:
- Building Brand Awareness,
- Building a Larger Network,
- Conducting research about information your audience is interested in, what your competition is up to, and what people are saying about your industry or your business,
- Fast customer service interactions.
Can you see the benefits of marketing your small business on Twitter? Are you ready to Create or Update your Profile there and get busy building and interacting with your community?
If you are currently active on Twitter, why not connect with me there? Find me at @MyCleverAsst.